Dienstag, 12. Mai 2015

7.

Strike!

So, today we didn't go to school because of a strike.
My previous host sister tried to explain what this strike was about and if I got it right, all the students were supposed to write a big test or exam today which the state should have used to compare between
schools in Italy.
The schools which achieve the best results in this test get more money from the state, which, in my opinion, is a terrible thing to do. Students who don't have the opportunity to get the best education should be taught by competent teachers who e.g. went to a further training which is why they would need the money urgently. It would be very helpful for their advancement.
Instead of that the state decides to give ist money to schools which mostly are already rich and have a better education system.
The students and teachers of the school I'm going to were striking today because the Vittoria Collona (school's name ;)) doesn't have much money already and they are, as I am, totally against this kind of stupid action.
Just wanted to write about that, I hope it's understandable to you.

2 Kommentare:

  1. That sounds reasonable. Found it really interesting to hear about situation there.-Here we have lots of strikes, too: bus drivers, train drivers, nursery school teachers...

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. And my brain is striking too... yeah, it`s interesting, my lovely Caroline!

    AntwortenLöschen